Monday, July 07, 2008

Leaving, hah!

I’ve watched both No Direction Home and I’m Not There with a short interval and am developing a sort of Bob Dylan obsession. A man who resembled Dylan only without the curls came into my shop the other day. I imagined our fiery romance.


I’m leaving for Denmark tomorrow. Train through Sweden and then boat to the island where we’ve got our summer house. I’m looking forward to the train ride, to stare out of the window and watch how the landscape is moving and not I. And I’ll read my new book, whichever one that will be. I’ve got five to choose from.

I’ll meet my family there and talk with them in Danish, we’ll get up late and eat breakfast forever. Maybe go down to the cliffs and swim. I’ll try to write as much as I can, at least finish chapter three and begin chapter four.
And in the evenings we’ll eat huge dinners, Greek-style, and it will be brilliant.

2 comments:

existential cowboy said...

summer letters, then?

Frøydis said...

Yeah, let's send some summer letters. I'm back in Oslo though, so it will have to be from here.