Friday, June 20, 2008

Dune

I’m ill, and I don’t want to eat anything. Yesterday I ate a whole chilli pepper because I thought it would help but I didn’t notice anything. Every time I cough it’s… uh, it’s really gross.

Anne and I watched Dune yesterday. It would have been completely impossible to understand anything they said, or to deduce from their actions what was going on if I hadn’t read the books when I was fourteen. Every quarter of an hour we had to press pause so I could explain to Anne what happened and why. I sorta liked it anyway. Half the crew of Twin Peaks was in there (plus Sting!), and when the floating assassin needle tried to kill Paul Atreides / Special Agent Dale Cooper we could say stuff like: Look, it’s Windom Earle in disguise.

1 comment:

Viviane Schwarz said...

Get Well Soon!

Hmmm, Dune, I like Dune...