Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Finger joints

We’re having anatomy at school these days, we’re learning about the bones, muscles and tendons in our arms and hands. That’s so we’ll know how they work and how to draw them. As an anecdote our teacher told us that there aren’t actually any muscles in the fingers, and if one does a neat cut over one of the joints, through the skin and the two tendons, it’s really easy to pick the bone off if we’d like to that one day. Just… pick it off.
It made me look at my fingers differently.

I went to the Gogol Bordello-concert on Saturday, and if we exclude the fact that Benedicte almost got hurt, Anne had to be lifted away from the crowd by a guard and that I found myself in need of biting a man, it was amazing. At some point the world and I was made of the same matter: Sound and movements.

No comments: